The Power Hour

It's All About The Truth

Today’s News: September 02, 2020

World News

Another GIANT crater appears in Siberia, making it the region’s 17th mystery pit 

RT – A suspected underground methane explosion has created a 50-meter-deep (164ft) crater on the Yamal Peninsula in northwest Siberia. The vast sinkhole was spotted by accident as a news crew flew past.

The crater, believed to be the largest discovered in the region so far, is the 17th such sink hole in the area. They are believed to be caused by melting permafrost combined with major build-ups of expanding methane gas thanks to high summer temperatures.

The major explosion sent soil and ice flying into the air, causing it to rain down upon the area, with scientists investigating ‘Number 17’ discovering debris hundreds of feet away from the crater.

Prime Minister of Australia: Vaccines should be “as mandatory as you can possibly make it”

Natural Health 365 – n the latest Australia COVID news, disturbing reports prove that Prime Minister Scott Morrison is preparing to force a mandatory vaccine onto his citizens – a vaccine he is in the process of securing production rights for.

Now, this part of the world is already under heavy scrutiny thanks to New Zealand’s recent announcement that they are starting to house COVID-19 positive people in so-called “quarantine camps” (hotels) for an undetermined length of time. And the blatant admission from the neighboring Australian government that they will be forcing vaccines onto their citizens has many people even more uneasy.

Australian Prime Minister securing nation’s right to manufacture coronavirus vaccines, wants them to be mandatory for Australians

According to one of Australia’s major news channels, Down Under nation recently outlined a deal with pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca and Oxford University in England. The deal would allow Australia to produce a “promising” new COVID-19 vaccine if clinical trials of the drug prove successful.

The drug, labeled by some as the “Oxford vaccine”, allegedly mimics the novel coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, and triggers a person’s immune system to fight against it.

But on the heels of this announcement, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison admitted on a Melbourne radio station that he “would expect [the COVID-19 vaccine] to be as mandatory as you could possibly make it.”

He added that children would have to receive the vaccination in order to go to school, that exemptions would apply “only” for certain medical reasons, and that the vaccine would be free for all citizens.

Benjamin Netanyahu suggests microchipping kids, slammed by experts

“If the information with the kids’ location is uploaded to the internet, a pedophile with some cyber knowledge may invade the system and stalk them,” cyber expert Einat Meron said.

The Jerusalem Post- Cyber experts slammed Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for his proposal to “microchip” children who return to schools and kindergartens as the coronavirus lockdown is lifted, Ynet reported on Friday.

While speaking at a press conference on Monday, Netanyahu suggested the Health Ministry use new technology to help Israel adjust to its new routine as the state is lifting the coronavirus lockdown. “That is, technology that has not been used before and is allowed under the legislation we shall enact,” he clarified.

“I spoke with our heads of technology in order to find measures Israel is good at, such as sensors. For instance, every person, every kid – I want it on kids first – would have a sensor that would sound an alarm when you get too close, like the ones on cars,” the prime minister said.

“It will be hard to do it to more than a million schoolchildren who return to their educational institutions in order to ensure one student sits at the distance of two meters from another. It is fictional and dangerous,” cyber resilience expert Einat Meron told Ynet.

“Theoretically, I get the idea behind it,” she said. “But although such distance-sensitive microchips exist in vehicles, it is different in humans.” According to Meron, “a beeping sound telling me I got close to someone is not enough. Who says it will change anything? I would have gotten closer either way.”

The expert added that “the actual issue is the enforcement, and here everything changes.” Meron told Ynet that “microchipping children will not pass any test – both practically and legally.” Similar to Meron’s notion that notifying citizens on their distance will not affect their actions, many fear the state would make use of the information available from the sensors.

“If the information with the kids’ location is uploaded to the internet, a pedophile with some cyber knowledge may invade the system and stalk them outside their schools, follow them and distribute the information on other platforms,” Meron said. “Can the state take responsibility for that?”

The Prime Minister’s Office responded to the report, telling Ynet Netanyahu’s suggestion “is not to be implemented through databases, but through simple technology notifying [the citizens] about their distance. It is a voluntary option that is designed to help children keep their distance, like Mobileye with vehicles.”

U.S. News, Politics & Government

Sheriff Calls Gov. Inslee An “Idiot,” Declares “No crisis should ever violate a citizen’s liberty or God-given rights”

Nomask.info – Klickitat County Washington Sheriff Bob Songer Calls Governor Inslee An “Idiot,” and on his website, declares “No crisis should ever violate a citizen’s liberty or God-given rights under our US Constitution or Washington State Constitution

Sheriff Songer’s Statement Regarding Governor Inslee’s Proclamation

Governor Inslee’s orders pertaining to public gatherings or businesses operating in violation of his orders in my opinion is a violation of our citizens’ constitutional rights under the First Amendment, Second Amendment, and other Amendments of the US Constitution and Washington State Constitution.

Not allowing citizens to attend church or firearm dealers to conduct business is a violation of the First Amendment and the Second Amendment, but the Governor has no problem allowing marijuana shops to stay open for business.

As Sheriff I will uphold our citizens’ constitutional rights and liberties and will NOT ENFORCE Governor Inslee’s COVID-19 Proclamation Orders on public gatherings and non-essential businesses.

No crisis should ever violate a citizen’s liberty or God-given rights under our US Constitution or Washington State Constitution.

Joe Kennedy Ends Decades of Family Victory in Massachusetts with Historic Election Loss

Breitbart – Rep. Joe Kennedy III (D-MA) suffered a historic loss Tuesday against incumbent Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA) in their highly anticipated Senate primary race, marking the first loss for the family in a Massachusetts election since John F. Kennedy won his congressional race in 1946.

Kennedy called Markey to concede around 10:00 p.m., according to the Boston Globe, and the Associated Press projected Markey’s victory at 10:30 p.m. As of the time of this writing, Markey led the race 54.1 percent to 45.9 percent with 908,022 votes counted and 73 percent of precincts reported.

“Good elections often get heated,” Kennedy said in his concession speech. “Obviously these results are not the ones we were hoping for, but to everyone who fought with us … I am so proud of what we accomplished”

Kennedy, 39, has been widely regarded as a rising star among congressional Democrats. He was praised by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) for his aggressive campaigning in 2018 to flip the House to Democrat majority and in that same year was handpicked by the speaker to deliver the Democrat response to President Donald Trump’s first State of the Union address. The young congressman, true to form, entered the race last September with a dramatic double-digit lead over Markey.

In the final months leading up to the race, however, Kennedy’s frontrunner status crumbled as he faced the pressing question, with no clear answer, of why he was challenging Markey, an incumbent who is well-liked among the Bay State’s widely progressive voter demographic.

Pentagon Silent About Swarms of Military Helicopters Spotted Over Downtown LA at Night

Sputnik – Social media users spotted multiple military helicopters buzzing over Los Angeles on Tuesday night, with the choppers reportedly circling highways, hovering close to the ground and making landings on top of skyscrapers in the downtown area.

The US military is keeping silent about a recent string of videos posted to social media from greater Los Angeles showing unidentified blacked-out helicopters, some of them with their lights off, flying over the city.

Multiple clips of the unusual activity have been posted to Twitter, prompting users to ask what’s going on.

SPYGATE 2? Deep state “diplomats” at U.S. embassy in Ukraine ordered monitoring of social media accounts belonging to Trump associates

NaturalNews – If you needed anymore evidence as to why it is vital to reelect President Donald Trump so he can continue draining the fetid, filthy ‘swamp’ that helps the D.C. establishment maintain its illegal power over Americans, this should do it.

During the president’s grossly unjust and completely partisan impeachment by unhinged deep state Democrats that began last fall, the U.S. Embassy in Kiev, Ukraine, came under increasing scrutiny by Republicans and allies of the president because it was a den of corruption.

Led during the Obama regime by Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch, the embassy was used as a political operation by the former president and his then-vice president (and now Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden) to exploit Ukraine, which was in dire need of U.S. assistance because Russian-backed rebels had begun a separatist movement.

Though Yovanovitch was fired by the president last summer, it appeared that those who were assigned to the embassy and who served with her were just as corrupt.

You are a human guinea pig: FDA willing to let coronavirus vaccine makers SKIP crucial trial phase

NaturalNews – In a bid to speed up the deployment of vaccines meant to stop the spread of the coronavirus in the U.S., the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now floating the idea of skipping a standard testing phase for existing vaccine candidates.

“It is up to the sponsor [vaccine developer] to apply for authorization or approval, and we make an adjudication of their application,” stated FDA Commissioner Stephen Han in an interview with the Financial Times on Sunday. “If they do that before the end of Phase III, we may find that appropriate. We may find that inappropriate, we will make a determination.”

Vaccines to be given “emergency authorization”

Based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidelines, vaccines are usually trialed in three phases before they’re approved.

“During Phase I, small groups of people receive the trial vaccine,” the CDC explains on its website. “In Phase II, the clinical study is expanded and vaccine is given to people who have characteristics (such as age and physical health) similar to those for whom the new vaccine is intended. In Phase III, the vaccine is given to thousands of people and tested for efficacy and safety.”

After he made his statement, Hahn clarified that the FDA would not actually approve any vaccine that still hasn’t undergone Phase Three testing. Instead, the agency would issue what is called an emergency authorization.

“Our emergency use authorization is not the same as a full approval,” he explained. “The legal, medical and scientific standard for that is that the benefit outweighs the risk in a public health emergency.”

Hahn, however, did not specify how the benefits and risks of a vaccine that hasn’t undergone Phase III trials would be assessed.

Judge Napolitano explains if Pelosi could become acting president if election results are delayed past Jan. 20

Fox – Could House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., become president if there is no election result by January?

Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano told “Varney & Co.” on Thursday whether Pelosi would automatically assume the role of acting president if the 2020 election is delayed.”It might be right,” Napolitano told host Stuart Varney. “President Trump’s term ends at precisely noon on Jan. 20, 2021. If the Electoral College has not yet named a successor, presumably either Donald Trump or Joe Biden, then whoever is the speaker of the House would become the acting president of the United States.”

He explained, “If the Democrats retain their majority in the House, and it appears likely that they will, but if they do, and if they choose Mrs. Pelosi, knowing at that point that they’re choosing the president of the United States, then it would be she.”

Democrats could choose someone else or the Republicans could have the majority if they flip the House in November, the judge said.

“Stated simply,” he added, “whoever is the sitting speaker of the United States, would become president at noon on Jan. 20, 2021, if the Electoral College has failed to elect someone.”

Economy & Business

Exxon eyes global job cuts to keep afloat after oil price collapse

RT – US oil major Exxon Mobil signaled it may downsize its staff worldwide after offering voluntary redundancies among its Australian workforce to mitigate the aftermath of the coronavirus crisis.

“We have evaluations underway on a country-by-country basis to assess possible additional efficiencies to right-size our business and make it stronger for the future,” spokesman Casey Norton said in emailed comments to Reuters. 

The statement comes shortly after the energy major announced that it was looking for volunteers among its employees in Melbourne, Gippsland, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth, to quit. The voluntary layoffs program is set to ensure the “company manages through these unprecedented market conditions,” ExxonMobil said on its Australian website. 

Science & Technology

NASA: Asteroid bigger than a basketball court will soon hurtle past Earth

NaturalNews – An asteroid bigger than a basketball court will zoom past Earth today, September 1, according to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).

Asteroid 2011 ES4 does not pose any harm, added NASA. Although classified as a near-Earth object (NEO), the asteroid will only make a flyby around Earth and will come within 45,000 miles to the ground at most.

“[Asteroid] 2011 ES4’s close approach is “close” on an astronomical scale but poses no danger of actually hitting Earth,” NASA said in a tweet. “#PlanetaryDefense experts expect it to safely pass by at least 45,000 miles (792,000 football fields) away on Tuesday Sept. 1.”

Asteroid 2011 ES4 was discovered on March 2, 2011. It was classified as an Apollo asteroid – that is, it has a wide orbit around Earth and the Sun compared to other objects in the asteroid belt.

Meanwhile, a second, smaller asteroid will also fly past Earth on Tuesday. NASA said that asteroid 2020 QG5 will fly closest to the planet at about 1.8 million miles.

NASA prepares for potentially hazardous asteroids

Due to the considerable risk posed by an asteroid impact, NASA is keen on monitoring and preparing for a massive asteroid on a collision course to the planet.

In 2018, the agency unveiled a 20-page plan that detailed the precautionary steps the U.S. should take to be better prepared for NEOs – comets and asteroids that enter Earth’s neighborhood. The plan outlined five goals, including enhancing NEO detection, improving modeling prediction and enhancing international cooperation.

NASA’s Center for Near-Earth Object Studies (CNEOS) monitors space for any NEOs. CNEOS identified almost 23,500 NEOs as of August 28, 2020. The list gets updated almost every day as space surveys and observations get refined through time.

One NEO recently broke the record for the closest a space object got to Earth without resulting in an impact. Asteroid QG is the size of an SUV and flew within 2,000 miles of Earth. It was detected only six hours after it flew past the planet.

According to NASA, the asteroid is comparatively small such that, if it did enter the atmosphere, it would have broken apart into small fragments.

Uber quietly launches COVID-19 tracking service that shares data on riders and drivers with public health officials for free

Daily Mail – Uber has quietly launched a service to give public health officials quick access to data on drivers and riders presumed to have come into contact with someone infected with COVID-19.

Now being promoted to government health officials in all the countries where it operates, the service provides health departments with data about who used Uber’s services and when and allows health agencies to urge affected users into quarantine, company officials told Reuters. 

This means that if a person tests positive for COVID-19, health officials can use Uber’s database to see other people they may have come in contact with. 

Information on an individual can be accessed in a few hours, the officials said, with the company considering COVID-19 an emergency involving danger of death or serious physical injury.

Health

Study: Regular mushroom consumption can lead to lowered prostate cancer risk

NaturalNews – Adding mushrooms to your diet can reduce the risk of prostate cancer by as much as 17 percent, says a recent study published in the International Journal of Cancer. In the report, lead author Shu Zhang of Tohoku University and her team said that the cancer-fighting effects of mushrooms appeared to be more apparent in men aged 50 and older.

“Participants who consumed mushroom more frequently tended to be older, have a family history of cancer, spend more time walking and have a higher intake of meat, vegetables, fruit, dairy products and energy,” she added.

Frequent mushroom consumption linked to reduced prostate cancer risk

A staple in Asian cuisine, mushrooms are among the most nutritious foods known to man. In fact, studies have shown that they are packed with potent immune-boosters capable of protecting against cancer.

The researchers looked at data from over 36,000 men for their report. The men, aged 40–79 years, all participated in the Miyagi Cohort Study in 1990 and the Ohsaki Cohort Study in 1994. They studied the participants over a median period of 13.2 years, after which the team conducted a survey on the participants’ eating habits, smoking and drinking habits, as well as medical histories.

Their findings revealed that participants who ate mushrooms on a regular basis had a reduced risk of prostate cancer, especially those aged 50 and older. In particular, those that ate mushrooms at least once a week had an eight percent decrease in their prostate cancer risk. On the other hand, those that ate mushrooms at least thrice a week had a 17 percent decrease in their prostate cancer risk.